How can I troubleshoot an issue with MariaDB not starting at all?

I’m having some issues with my MariaDB server on my production server - it’s not starting up, and I’m not sure what the issue is. Do you have any suggestions for how I can troubleshoot this problem and figure out what’s going on?

1. Check the MariaDB error log for any messages that might indicate the cause of the issue. The error log is usually located at /var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log, but the location may vary depending on your system.
  2. Check the system logs for messages related to the MariaDB service. You can use the journalctl command to view the system logs.
    journalctl -u mariadb.service
    # or
    journalctl -u mariadb
    # or
    systemctl -l status mariadb.service
  1. Check the MariaDB configuration file (my.cnf or my.ini) for syntax errors or incorrect settings.
  2. Check for any conflicting services that might prevent MariaDB from starting, such as another database server or web server using the same port as MariaDB.
  3. If you have made any recent changes to the system, try rolling back those changes to see if they are causing the issue.
  4. If none of the above steps resolves the issue, you may need to reinstall MariaDB or restore a previous database backup. However, please note that this should be done with caution, as it can result in data loss or corruption.